Hello IPPS Colleagues and Partners –
Thank you for joining the IPPS for our first virtual meeting on Zoom. The recording of the webinar is available online. We followed our agenda closely and stayed on time! This write-up includes our meeting notes and links to additional support materials:
- Action Teams Updates:
- Best Practices: Focusing on outreach efforts between employers, colleges and creating supportive materials and environments for introducing public sector careers to new audiences.
- Pathway Mapping: CSUS students are helping to create a pathways map. Mental health project is also providing a specific pathway map for behavioral health public sector careers.
- Work-Based Learning & Civics Education: Focusing on virtual work-based learning experiences supporting transition to virtual experiences for current summer programs. Initial planning for the Fall Careers in Public Service Day is underway.
- Presentation by ConnectEd and San Diego Unified on Virtual Work-Based Learning Experiences and Best Practices.
- Virtual Career Exploration with Marques McCammon, President Ricardo USA– For more than a century, Ricardo – a world leader in propulsion technologies – has designed and engineered innovative products in every facet of transportation. For the North American operation, Marques has built a new management team focused on developing a cleaner mobility future, working with client-partners in automotive, commercial aerospace, energy & environment, motorcycles, high-performance vehicles and motorsports, off-highway and rail.
- Virtual Career Exploration with a LAFC Professional Soccer Photographer – Imad Bolotok – LAFC Lead Club Photographer & Branded Content Producer. Imad Bolotok is the lead photographer for Los Angeles Football Club, LA’s newest MLS soccer team. Join us as Imad shares what it takes to become a professional sports photographer. In this meeting, we will learn about the specific job duties of a professional soccer photographer and gain insight of what it takes to stand out amongst your competition to land your dream job.
- Virtual Career Exploration Opportunity with Teresa Young , President and CEO of Sign Biz, Inc.– Come learn the sign manufacturing industry with Teresa Young, President and CEO of Sign Biz, Incorporated. Teresa will review the various aspects of this multifaceted industry that includes planning, design, manufacturing, and installation. Teresa will also share some of latest trends including the industry’s response to COVID-19, energy savings through solar and LED lighting, and the latest in vinyl wrapping.
- CSDA’s student scholarship and video contest
- Data Tools presented by Bekka Rosenbaum, Jewish Vocational Services:
We also asked members to take a questionnaire to help us define further interest in Action Teams and provide ideas for future meetings, especially in a virtual environment.
We appreciate the IPPS membership coming together and creating a warm and productive experience. As we continue to develop our virtual meeting presence we will expand into breakout groups and create space for even more membership sharing about your resiliency during COVID and how you are continuing your work in strengthening Pathways to Public Service from both educator and public sector industry partner perspectives.
To be a guest speaker, make suggestions for our 2020 work, or share a virtual or in-person meeting idea please reach out to any member or all of the IPPS Leadership Team:
- Terri Carpenter, Sacramento Employment & Training Agency
- Bina Lefkovitz, Youth Development & Civics Education Consultant
- Danielle Metzinger, Department of Transportation
- Bekka Rosenbaum, Jewish Vocational Services
- Sandra Paschal, County of Sacramento Human Resources
- Blaine Smith, North / Far North Regional Consortium, Los Rios Community Colleges
- Randi Kay Stephens, Institute for Local Government
Thank you for staying connecting and prioritizing development of our next generation public sector workforce.
p.s. Lastly, please share your agency/org logo if it isn’t included here: Current Version of IPPS Logo Collection. Thanks to Roseville and USC for sharing logos. 🙂
Comments are closed.